On-Site After School Ballet Lessons
Typically running for 6–7 weeks with a one-hour class once a week and concluding with a showcase at the end of the session, the students participating in NPB’s On-Site After-School Ballet Lessons can experience the wonder of performing the ballet art form. This showcase may be performed alongside an NPB company community engagement performance.
Taught by an NPB company member(s), the goals for the ballet lessons include:
- Increase confidence in performance
- Understand the values of working hard, never giving up, and doing your best
- Learn what it means to do all things with excellence
- Discover the influence of different cultures on ballet
- Learn ballet terminology and history
- Improve skills in endurance, core strength, flexibility, and balance
By the Numbers
“We have partnered two seasons with North Pointe [Ballet] to bring after school dance classes to the youth in South Lorain. Our partnership has emphasized the valuable contributions that Latino Americans have made to the art of ballet and instilled a greater sense of pride into our participants.”
In addition to its Dance & Diversity Scholarship which provides performance experience to young, local dancers of African American and Hispanic ethnicities, NPB is pleased to have partnerships with organizations that provide communities in Lorain and Cuyahoga Counties with ballet-based dance education programs and opportunities to attend North Pointe Ballet performances.